Camping Gear and Camping Equipment Every Camper Should Own
A list of items to look at before you buy camping equipment online or if you are looking to buy camping gear online.
Camping should be fun, it is a time when you just want to relax, unwind and get away from the busy city life. It can also turn into a nightmare if you find that you need a crucial piece of equipment or gear and you are now miles away from the nearest store. This list has all the major items that you will need when going camping, it does not include items like laptops, cell phones etc., to either give you a decent guide line of what to take or if you have been camping before a check down list just to make sure you don’t forget any items.
Even though it might look like loads of items that you will need to go buy there is actually a lot that you already own and the rest is like an investment, they will always be needed again in some place or time.
Camping trip necessities
- A tent with adequate bedding like a duvet and pillows or a sleeping bag.
- Hand wash basin
- Table and table cloth
- Rainwear and waterproof clothing – Click here to learn more.
- Cooler boxes
- Rechargeable light
- Candle holders
- Washing line and pegs
- Braai tongs
- Cooking grill
- Gas cooker
- Gas bottles x 2
- Cooking gloves
- Frying pan
- Cutlery (knives, forks and spoons)
- Crockery (dinner plates, side plates and pudding bowls)
- Glasses & coffee mugs
- Large fork
- Kitchen utensils. Follow the link to learn what you didn’t know about kitchen knives.
- Bread knife, chopping knife
- Serving spoons
- Tin opener, bottle opener
- Cheese grater
- Potato peeler
- Washing bowls
- Washing up brush
- Dish cloths
- Pan scrubbers
- Tea towels
- A good pocket knife. Visit this link to find out which one will be best for you.
Camping should be a unique experience with a variety of things to do and see. No matter the location, there are a few things you should always take with you. Listed below is a few of the key essentials that should always accompany you.
- A big necessity is a tarp, obviously your tent and a sleeping bag.
- Dishes and utensils, material to start your fire with, pots and pans.
- Some rope and a utility knife.
- Don’t ever forget plenty of clean water, for cooking and drinking.
- Foods that are easy and quick to make, canned foods are always a good option, and some snacks.
- Enough clothing, always remember to layer your clothes.
- A cooler box to store your food in, never store your food in your tent.
- Soap and hand sanitizer.
- Depending on where you go, you can take outdoor gear like hiking equipment.
- First Aid Kit.
Camping safety is one of the most important things that you should know as much about as you can, for this reason you really need to visit this page for a complete list of first aid items that you should definitely have in your First Aid Kit. You should also read the article on camping tips to make sure you get the most out of your camping trip, read it here .